Friday, April 1, 2011

Lightweight anchor for an inflatable raft

If this has been done I have never seen it.  If it has not been done its a money maker waiting to happen.  I live in SW Florida so going to the beach is a regular thing for me.  What I hate is when I get settled in on my raft and fall asleep only to wake up later miles down the beach from where I started.  Too bad you cant anchor your raft down, but who wants to carry a big heavy anchor to the beach.

Here is the idea.
A piece of PVC (maybe 3 in or bigger) capped at both end at least one cap being screw on
A heavy canvass raft.  The type with grommets in the corners
Pieces of rope attached to all 4 corners of the raft with hooks on the other end so they can all be attached to an eye on the PVC pipe.
For travel purpose the PVC can be used to store the uninflatted raft and rope.
When you arrive at the beach you would fill the PVC pipe with wet sand attach the ropes and it becomes your anchor.

Let me know if you invent it.  I will buy one from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment